You can make a difference in the lives of the hundreds of thousands of Canadians who are hungry, 38% of whom are children.
Get involved today!
Make a financial donation directly to Food Banks Canada and support our programs.
Host a fundraising event or food drive in your community or place of work.
Here’s how to get started. Or contact your local food bank for ideas and information.
Donate food to your local food bank.
Participate in one of the Food Banks Canada programs that make it easy to get involved.
Volunteer to help out at your local food bank.
Or raise your voice and speak out with fellow Canadians who are saying that something must be done to change the status quo.
Most needed food and consumer items
These are the food and household items most urgently needed by food banks.
- Pasta (canned or dry) and pasta sauces
- Canned and frozen meats and fish
- Meat alternatives (peanut butter, soy, assorted packaged nuts)
- Canned goods (beans, soups, and stews)
- Dairy (fresh, canned, and powdered milk)
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Whole grain cereals
- Infant foods and baby formula
- Bathroom tissue and diapers
- Personal hygiene products