Nominations for the 2013 Food Banks Canada Corporate Donor Awards are now open!
Created in 2011, the Corporate Donor Awards honours the companies and their dedicated staff who help Food Banks Canada relieve hunger today while working to prevent hunger tomorrow!
We are pleased to be recognizing Corporations in the following three categories:
- Donor of the Year –The corporate donor who has demonstrated outstanding financial support and leadership to Food Banks Canada in 2013
- Award of Excellence –The corporate donor who has demonstrated long-term support of Food Banks Canada and made a measurable positive impact on the issue of hunger or food banking in Canada.
- Innovator of the Year –The corporate donor made a unique contribution to Food Banks Canada in 2013, and successfully filled a need in addressing the issue of hunger or food banking in Canada.
Corporate donors of Food Banks Canada who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- A donor to Food Banks Canada at the minimum ‘Partner’ recognition level
- The donor has not won in the category for which they are applying in the previous 3 years
Again this year Food Banks Canada will also be recognizing the Top National Food Drives. Corporations that ran a large scale food drive in 2013 are encouraged to apply.
Awards will be given out at Food Banks Canada’s Corporate Donor Recognition Event on Wednesday February 5, 2014.
Completed applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 29th, 2013.
Corporate Donor Awards 2012
On January 29th, 2012, Food Banks Canada honoured three of our leading Corporate Partners with the 2012 Corporate Donor Awards.
The Award of Excellence was presented to Loblaw Companies Limited (Loblaw) for its positive impact on the issue of hunger and food banking in Canada. Loblaw has supported Food Banks Canada and its membership through its Extra Helping food drive campaigns in addition to the company’s significant contribution to the National Food Share System
The Donor of the Year was awarded to Shaw Communications Inc. for its significant commitment through its national cause marketing campaign ‘Together is Amazing’ that included a national food and fund drive and awareness raising campaign that engaged Shaw employees across Canada.
The Innovator of the Year was presented to Walmart Canada for its unique contribution to food banking in Canada. The company initiated a Retail Food Program which matches food banks with Walmart stores to enable donations of food and consumer goods.
New this year, Food Banks Canada also announced the Top National Food Drives. The following corporations were recognized for contributions to the food bank community through their 2012 large scale food drives.
Loblaw Companies Limited
Extra Helping National Food Drive
Farm Credit Canada
FCC Drive Away Hunger
Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw's Fill the Food Banks 2012
Trick or Eat
Purolator Tackle Hunger
CP Holiday Train
CBI Health Group National Food Drive
Race Against Hunger
Nature's Path Foods Inc.
Compassion into Action
CitiFinancial Canada, Inc.
Customer Appreciation Days
Congratulations to our award winners, and to all of our dedicated corporate supporters. To view the 2012 award winners tribute videos, please visit our Facebook page.